Thursday, November 14, 2013

Does God Exist? Part One.

Question:

Dad, how do we know that God exists?

Answer (part one):

This was the very first serious theological question that my son, Elijah, asked me. He was just four years old.

There are quite a few really good answers to this question, but I find two of them particularly compelling. The first, the Cosmological Argument, is somewhat scientific in nature. Believe it or not, my answer to the four year old holding my hand was a very simplified version of the Cosmological Argument. For those of you who are not familiar with that classical answer, I thought that I would post a short video that explains it really well.

The second, which I shall address in Part Two, is more philosophical and moral in nature.

The following video is a really good modern treatment of the ancient, and classic, Cosmological Argument.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COJ0ED1mV7s&noredirect=1

No comments:

Post a Comment